Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: June 15, 2011


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event from Jill at Breaking the Spine. To participate, simply share that book(s) you are eagerly awaiting the release of and report back to Breaking the Spine with the link to your post. Clicking the image above will take you straight to her post and link widget. (Special note: The nifty button above comes from Lindsay at The Violet Hour. Isn't it pretty?)

This week, I am waiting on The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson, which is set to release on September 20. I used to be completely hooked on ghost stories, but I've gotten out of the habit. I'm starting to rediscover such stories, though, and this one sounds right up my alley. The plot sounds very intriguing and I can't wait to have the chance to read it.

From Goodreads:

The day Louisiana teenager Rory Deveaux arrives in London marks a memorable occasion. For Rory, it's the start of a new life at a London boarding school. But for many, this will be remembered as the day a series of brutal murders broke out across the city, gruesome crimes mimicking the horrific Jack the Ripper events of more than a century ago.

Soon "Rippermania" takes hold of modern-day London, and the police are left with few leads and no witnesses. Except one. Rory spotted the man police believe to be the prime suspect. But she is the only one who saw him. Even her roommate, who was walking with her at the time, didn't notice the mysterious man. So why can only Rory see him? And more urgently, why has Rory become his next target? In this edge-of-your-seat thriller, full of suspense, humor, and romance, Rory will learn the truth about the secret ghost police of London and discover her own shocking abilities.

20 comments:

  1. Ooooooh! That book looks fabulous, and Maureen Johnson has such...flair! Can't wait for it to come out. Great pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds so good. I'm really excited for this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added this one to my TBR list recently! I haven't read anything by Maureen Johnson - yet - but this sounds like it would be a great one to start with. Great pick!


    Check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wicked pick! I added this one to my wishlist not that long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks pretty interesting; might need to pick this up. I would love if you checked out my WoW too!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! The cover is awesome!

    Ange @ Moonlight Reader

    My WoW: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know a lot of people are going crazy over this book, which includes me. I love Maureen Johnson's writing and I'm so excited for this book. Great pick!

    Check out my WoW here

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for this one either! I haven't read any of her other books, but this one sounds really great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds fascinating. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jack the Ripper, Maureen Johnson, and that cover! I've had this one on my TBR list for awhile now. Fantastic pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh saw this on another blog. Actually got turned around and confused since I thought I already stopped here! Losing my mind! This one does sound mighty interesting!

    Here's my WoW

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy schnikies, this sounds like the makings of a great paranormal mystery! :) Excellent choice, Marla, I'll be adding that to the immense TBR list. Thank you for sharing!

    Old Follower!
    DJL
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your 250 followers Marla! Great post as always - graphically and textually attractive :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pick. I can't wait for this one too.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wow! pick, looks great!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohh, great pick! I am really looking forward to reading this one as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just got a copy of this in the mail last week!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm really excited to read In the Name of the Star. I can't wait for it's release!

    Here's my W.O.W : http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday10.html

    -Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm curious about the title and any mention of London has me at hello. Sounds like good book to read on a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A nice choice! I love the cover.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva