Saturday, June 11, 2011

What's Your Status? June 11, 2011


This meme comes from Zakiya at Butterfly Feet Walking On Life. The object is to post what you have finished in the last week, what you are currently reading, what you plan to read in the coming week, and what you want to buy next. You can also post about reviews you've written and memes you have done, though these aren't mandatory. I'm also going to include the status of my reading challenges.

It's been an interesting week, to say the least. I only managed to finish three books this week, but at least they were good ones. This always seems to happen when I visit the parental units. However, visiting them did allow me to find some good books in the used book store, so there is that. The week was made even more stressful by my accident-prone tendencies. I stepped on a screw. That's right. I stepped on not a nail, but a screw! I've been hobbling around for the past two days with a hole in my foot and a lovely bruise. Ouch!

Also, be sure to stop by next week, when I will be posting an interview with Zakiya from Butterfly Feet Walking on Life as part of my participation in her What's Your Status? contest. You won't want to miss it.

Books Finished: June 5 - June 11














Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Currently Reading














Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Legacy by Cayla Kluver
The Map of Time by Felix J. Palma (I am not getting along with this book very well. It started out like a straight historical fiction novel and then, all of a sudden, there's time travel. It just cropped up with no build-up and no segue.)

Next on My To-Read List














Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Shadow Fall by Erin Kellison
Hereafter by Tara Hudson

Reviews

Summer's Crossing
The Twisted Thread
The Forest of Hands and Teeth
Hush, Hush

Posts of Note

Darkness Too Visible? Your Generalizations Are Showing - in which I rant about the WSJ article from last Saturday

A More Thoughtful, Critical Approach to the WSJ Fiasco - After I had the chance to cool off, I took a closer look at the article and put together some more collected thoughts on the matter.

Judging a Blog by Its Cover - a post inspired by a writing prompt from Jenny at New Books for New Bloggers

Challenges

Goodreads 2011 Reading Challenge (61/100, 61% finished) - I am moving along at a nice clip even with my slower reading over the past two weeks. Goodreads says that I am 17 books ahead of schedule. Woo hoo!

2011 E-Book Reading Challenge (19/20, 95% finished) - I just need to read one more book and I will have completed this challenge.

2011 YA Reading Challenge (43/50, 86% finished) - I finished 3 more books for this challenge since last week and I am a mere seven books away from the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva