Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Starting the Next Chapter is 4 Months Old!


Starting the Next Chapter has officially been online for 4 months today. It's been a whirlwind as I've gotten to know the many great bloggers in the book blogging community, been introduced to some fabulous books, and learned a thing or two along the way. You can expect some fun things as Starting the Next Chapter makes its way to 6 months. I am working on having something very special to give away in August. If I am successful, I think some of you will be very excited. You can expect the full details during the first week of August.

Among the accomplishments I've made over the past 4 months are:

  • I have read and reviewed 53 books for the blog and have read 64 books total for the year.
  • I have participated in many, many memes, all of which have allowed me to meet some great bloggers.
  • I finally found a blog theme that I love that maintains all of the properties it started out with. If you'll remember, things were pretty touch and go for a while there.
  • I have talked about books and blogging so much that my friend decided to join in (thanks for putting up with my ramblings, Nikki!).
  • I now have 300+ followers! Thank you so much, everyone!

In addition to the potential giveaway mentioned above (and even if that idea falls through, you can expect something), I've got some other fun things in store this summer.

  • interview with Cara Lynn Shultz, author of Spellbound
  • a post detailing the book signing I will attend on July 31, where Maggie Stiefvater, author of Shiver, Linger, and Forever will be holding a Q&A session in addition to signing books
  • a potential post detailing the trip I hope to take to the Decatur Book Festival in September
  • reviews for some great forthcoming titles, which can be seen in the column to your right
I hope you all will join me for a fun-filled summer as I continue to read, review, and refrain from freaking out at the thought of my forthcoming GREs.

6 comments:

  1. Happy 4 month anniversary! I look forward to many, many more posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4 month anniversary! I really like your blog. I'm glad I found it today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize your blog was so young! You're awesome I may be emailing you for some tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Marla! waiting on August....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! It's always fun to celebrate milestones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I can't believe your blog is only 4 months old. I'm seriously gobsmacked. Congratulations on coming so far in such a short amount of time - you are a really impressive person.

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva