Sunday, March 27, 2011

In My Mailbox - March 27, 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme from The Story Siren where you can share your new acquisitions. They can come from anywhere: through the mail, via the library, purchased from a store, or downloaded as ebooks. It's up to you!

This week was pretty good for me book-wise. I got some new reads from a store, bought a new (to me) eBook, and bought two more with Amazon gift cards (love that Swagbucks!). I also had some good library finds and look forward to scouring the shelves after I finish my current library stack (all 6 of them). Last but not least, I was approved for a few galleys from Netgalleys, which I am trying to figure out how to download since I run a Linux OS. I managed to get Adobe Digital Editions installed, but it still doesn't work properly. I may have to send my regrets to the publishers. We shall just have to see.

Here are this week's acquisitions:

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (I finished this one within 24 hours and promptly went out to buy the other two. I was very happy with this read.)












The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa (purchased)













The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa (purchased)













Wither by Lauren DeStefano (purchased w/ Amazon gift card)












Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning (purchased w/ Amazon gift card)













Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr












Library finds:

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning
Faefever by Karen Marie Moning
Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr (not pictured)







Jane Austen: A Life Revealed by Catherine Reef (eGalley courtesy Clarion Books) - release date April 18th (I'm, as you can imagine, very excited about this one. I hope I get to read it.)











The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird (eGalley courtesy Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) - release date April 18th (Another book that I am excited for.)











Wherever You Go by Heather Davis (eGalley courtesy Harcourt Children's Books) - release date November 14th (It's going to be a long, long time before I review this one.)










Green-Eyed Demon by Jaye Wells (eGalley courtesy Orbit) -release date March 1st (I'm going to have to track down the first two for this series. Hopefully I can find them in the library. My book budget is out for the month.)

8 comments:

  1. Your IMM looks lovely. I got the Iron Fey series as well, but I still need to read them.

    I adored the Wicked Lovely series. I think you're in for a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy all of your new reads, Marla! And I certainly hope you can figure out how to get your galleys--how frustrating....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week! I reviewed an arc of Wither two weeks ago but I still bought myself a pretty HC copy! Enjoy :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing haul! I loved The Iron King, I can't wait to read the rest in the series.
    Enjoy all your books!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great books. I listened to Wicked Lovely and it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books this week. I am looking forward to the Julie Kagawa series I only have the first one and want to wait until I have them all before I start.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! I loved the Iron Fey books and also really enjoyed Wither.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently bought the Iron King as well but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I also bought Wicked Lovely and I'm so jealous that you have Wither. I need to buy a copy before I go out of my mind from reading everyone's reviews :) Happy reading this week!

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva