Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday: March 16, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event from Jill at Breaking the Spine. To participate, simply share that book(s) you are eagerly awaiting the release of and report back to Breaking the Spine with the link to your post. Clicking the image above will take you straight to her post and link widget.

This week, there are two books that I am eagerly awaiting. First up is Wickham's Diary by Amanda Grange, set to be released on April 30th. From Goodreads:
"This prequel to Pride and Prejudice begins with George Wickham at age 12, handsome and charming but also acutely aware that his friend, Fitzwilliam Darcy, is rich, whilst he is poor. His mother encourages him to exercise his charm on the young Georgiana Darcy and Anne de Bourgh in the hopes of establishing a stable of wealthy social connections.

At university, Darcy and Wickham grow apart. Wickham is always drinking and wenching, whilst Darcy, who apparently has everything, is looking for something he cannot find. Wickham runs through the money Darcy gives him and then takes up with the scandalous Belle, a woman after Wickham's own greedy, black heart."


I had the opportunity of reading a sample of this book on Austenprose and, I have to say, I am very much looking forward to this one. I have two Amanda Grange novels on my to-read shelf but haven't gotten to read one yet. The sample I read has definitely caught my interest and I can't wait to read the entirety of this book, as well as the other two. It seems that her style of writing is going to agree with me very well.

The second book I am anticipating is Mr. Darcy and the Secret of Becoming a Gentleman by Maria Hamilton, which will be released on May 1st. From Goodreads:

"When Elizabeth Bennet refuses his hand, Darcy is devastated and makes it his mission to change. By every civility in his power, Darcy slowly tries to win her affections, but Elizabeth is not easily swayed. Darcy vows to unlock the secrets that will make her his. He curses himself for his social awkwardness and appearance of pride, and sets out to right the wrongs he's done her family.

Elizabeth's family and friends misunderstand his intentions, and being in Elizabeth's presence proves to be both excruciating for the shy Darcy-and a dream come true. For the first time in his life, he must please a woman worth having, and the transformation leads him to a depth of understanding and love that he never could have imagined."


I will admit that I've read a novel with a similar premise before. That doesn't stop me from wanting to read this one and compare the two!

1 comment:

  1. Great pick! I've read Mr. Darcy's Diary and enjoyed it. I will have to check this one out too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva