Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: March 8, 2011


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. It is a meme that lets you see what your fellow bloggers are reading and gives you a glimpse at books you may want to read. Anyone can participate so long as they follow the rules:

  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  4. PLEASE DON'T SHARE SPOILERS! Try not to give away too much with your selection.
  5. Share the title, author, and page numbers so that others can add it to their to-be-read list if they want.
My teaser of the week:

"I met Mrs. Jennings in Bond Causeway," said he, after the first salutation, "and she encouraged me to come on; and I thought it probable that I might find you alone. My object--my wish--glurb--hurble--is to be a means of giving comfort and gurble--"
This selection comes from page 188 of the NOOK edition of Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Jane Austen and Ben H. Winters.

I had read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies first and was fairly amused by it, but this book is just not shaping up the same way. I'm actually really disappointed in it, but am still going to finish it. This is just one of those books that is going to get mixed reviews no matter what. Unfortunately, I'm not one of its fans. Hopefully I'll finish it soon and then can write a full review.

3 comments:

  1. Ha. The title and cover make me laugh.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting twist on a classic. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays-the-queens-lover.html

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva