Thursday, March 24, 2011

Theme Thursday & Enquiring Minds Want to Know: March 24, 2011


Theme Thursday comes to us from Kavyen at Reading Between Pages. The name of the game is to select a snippet from whatever book you are reading that corresponds with the week's theme. Be sure to name the author and title of your book. Then, leave a link to your post at the official Theme Thursday post. Easy peasy.

This week's theme is: BUILDING
"That night, I dreamed. In my dream, my house was dark and still, the living room cloaked in shadow." ~ from The Iron King by Julie Kagawa








Enquiring Minds Want to Know is a weekly meme from Dollycas's Thoughts. The object of the meme is to answer the three questions posted each week and then link back to your post on the official Enquiring Minds post linked above from the graphic. Doing so allows bloggers to get to know each other.

This week's questions are:

1. Have you ever traveled outside of the United States? Actually, yes, I have. Two years ago my husband accepted a job teaching English in South Korea. Our baby and I packed up and went with him for what turned out to be a very dramatic three months that I am just now starting to recover from. I also spent a very weary 5 hours in the Narita airport in Japan on our way back to the U.S.

2. If you could pack up today on a vacation and money was no issue where would you go? I would definitely have to go to Ireland. I've long been fascinated with the landscapes, the stories, you name it. My grandfather still had distant family there, though he didn't seem to care to talk about it. The information died with him and we still don't know where his side of the family came from, nor just how close or how distant they were/are.

3. Is there somewhere in the United States that you have never been that you would like to visit? I would love to see the Pacific Northwest. My husband has hiked the national parks there and really liked them. I have only seen pictures, but would love the chance to see them for myself.

11 comments:

  1. Ah. I've been wanting to read that series forever. I feel so behind!
    And love your answer for number 2! I'm dying to go to Ireland! My mother's side of the family is Irish!

    Thank you for stopping by and following! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great snippet for the theme - gorgeous covers on the books of this series.

    My theme Thursday is here
    http://cat-bookmagic.blogspot.com/2011/03/theme-thursday-building.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds ominous. Here's mine:

    http://bookbelle0819.blogspot.com/2011/03/theme-thursday_24.html

    Belle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is next on my reading pile! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you were able to snatch up Wicked Lovely!

    Somer @ A Bird's Eye Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pacific Northwest would be awesome to see. There's not too many places in the US that I wouldn't want to see for the first time or the first time in a long time. I think there are some amazing spots.

    Cathy from Cathy Kennedy's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a feeling that dream will turn out to be a nightmare...

    My Theme Thursday: http://tantoslivrostaopoucotempo.blogspot.com/2011/03/theme-thursday-edificio.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy that book is a new one for me but just the snippet draws you in.

    I traveled to Oregon several years ago for a job and would love to go back and sight see the whole area.

    Dollycas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes, that doesn't sound good!

    My theme post is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scary! When I was young I had a similar recurring dream, but it wasn't my house. Don't know whose it was.

    If you want, you can read my "Building" HERE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect for the theme and a good teaser. This book has been on my wishlist for a while.
    Mine is here:
    http://abookwormsblog1.blogspot.com/2011/03/theme-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for participating in Theme Thursday. For a first week you got your snippet so accurately ... Great teaser

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva