Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: March 22, 2011


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. It is a meme that lets you see what your fellow bloggers are reading and gives you a glimpse at books you may want to read. Anyone can participate so long as they follow the rules:

  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  4. PLEASE DON'T SHARE SPOILERS! Try not to give away too much with your selection.
  5. Share the title, author, and page numbers so that others can add it to their to-be-read list if they want.
My teaser of the week:
"'You are mistaken, Elinor,' said she warmly, 'in supposing I know very little of Willoughby. I have not known him long indeed, but I am much better acquainted with him, than I am with any other creature in the world, except yourself and mama.'"

This selection is from page 60 of the Girlebooks ebook edition of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen.

After my experience with Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, I am very relieved to be reading this! The last thing I want is to be trying to remember the course of the plot and have sea monsters pop into my head! This is only my fourth time reading S&S (I've read Pride and Prejudice more often), so I think it was pretty important to re-read this now.

5 comments:

  1. Very impressive teaser...this is one Jane Austen book I haven't read yet. Sounds like it's time to dive in....

    Here's MY TT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I am hoping to start reading this one soon!! Fingers crossed I have yet to read it!! I just finished P&P, and suppose to be reading the Zombies version for book club! Did you like the Sea Monster version of S&S? Happy Teaser Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know the scene. She should listen to Elinor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have yet to read this Jane Austen book, so this is a great teaser to remind me to go out and read it!

    Was sense and sensibility and sea monsters good? I've seen that one and the zombie one around before but I'm not sure if I want to read a classic with insertions of monsters ;-)

    Please check out mine: http://bythebybooks.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. Great book.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva