Monday, March 21, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading? & Monday Musings - March 21, 2011


It's Monday! What are you reading is a weekly meme that comes to us from Sheila at Book Journey. To participate, simply post what you finished reading in the past week and what you plan to read this week. It is a good way to find other books you may enjoy reading. After you write your post, head over to Sheila's blog to leave your post's link on the link entry form at the bottom of the What are you reading? post.

What I Finished
Jane and the Unpleasantness of Scargrave Manor by Stephanie Barron










What I'm Reading
A Day in the Life of a Smiling Woman by Margaret Drabble











Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (I got the free Girlebooks.com edition for my NOOK; it's worked out very well!)









This is a meme from Should Be Reading. All you have to do is answer the question of the week.

I don't usually do two separate meme posts in one day, but I saw this one late and loved this week's question:
"What is the last book you bought? Was it for you? for someone else? Have you read it, yet?"
I bought three books on Saturday with a B&N gift card I received from my bank. It was definitely all for me. My husband is pretty indulgent of my book addiction. It's a good think that he likes that I read! I haven't read any of them yet, but I probably will soon.

  1. Eliza's Daughter by Joan Aiken
  2. Colonel Brandon's Diary by Amanda Grange
  3. Charlotte Collins: A Continuation of Pride and Prejudice by Jennifer Becton
  4. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (this is a last-minute addendum; I just came across this one and snapped it up for a song; I'm a sucker for books with faeries in the plot-line)

7 comments:

  1. Oh those Jane Austen variations! I love reading them. I've read Amanda Grange's version of Mr. Darcy's Diary and really liked it.

    I hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to look up those!

    Look forward to read your reviews!

    Here is my Monday: Mailbox/What Are You Reading?/Musings post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week! I have a B&N gift card to spend too but I can't quite narrow down my choices yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT WEEK!! All of them sound good!!

    Here's my week:http://dollycas.blogspot.com

    Dollycas

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first JA was Pride and Prejudice and i am in love! What an amazing read! Happy Reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been dying to get my hands on Diary of a Smiling Woman.

    Here's mine:

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-musings-what-is-last-book.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore Sense and Sensibility. Have a wonderful week reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-31.html

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva