Friday, March 25, 2011

2011 YA Reading Challenge


This is a late entry for me, but I just came across it and couldn't resist. This one comes from Jamie's Bookshelf and the rules are simple:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. Create a post about the challenge and link your challenge post up in the linky below.

--Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post.

2. There are four levels:

--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.

--The "Fun Size" YA Reading Challenge – Read 20 Young Adult novels.

--The Jumbo Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 40 Young Adult novels.

--The Mega size YA Reading Challenge – Read 50+ Young Adult novels.

3. Audio, eBooks, paper, re-reads all count.

4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

5. The Challenge starts on January 1, 2011 and goes until December 31, 2011.
See? It's as easy as that.

I will be going for the "Fun Size" level with 20 books. As I read books for this challenge, I will come back to this post and add them to the list. This post, as well as my other challenge posts, will be accessible through the Challenges link at the top of my blog.

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
3. The Iron King - Julie Kagawa
4. Winter's Passage - Julie Kagawa
5. Nightshade - Andrea Cremer
6. Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr
7. Ink Exchange - Melissa Marr
8. Fragile Eternity - Melissa Marr
9. Wither - Lauren DeStefano
10. Tyger Tyger - Kersten Hamilton
11. Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater
12. The Iron Witch - Karen Mahoney
13. The Iron Daughter - Julie Kagawa
14. The Summoning - Kelley Armstrong
15. The Iron Queen - Julie Kagawa
16. Linger - Maggie Stiefvater
17. Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare
18.
19.
20.

NOTE: As of April 22, I am already within 3 books of my original goal, so I am going to be ambitious and upgrade my goal to Mega Size (50+)! Let's see how far I can get this year.

21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva