Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: March 15, 2011


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. It is a meme that lets you see what your fellow bloggers are reading and gives you a glimpse at books you may want to read. Anyone can participate so long as they follow the rules:

  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  4. PLEASE DON'T SHARE SPOILERS! Try not to give away too much with your selection.
  5. Share the title, author, and page numbers so that others can add it to their to-be-read list if they want.
My teaser for the week:
"'Have you any recognition of the hand that penned these words, Countess?' He took from his waistcoat the bloody slip of paper I had retrieved from Marguerite's bodice."
This selection comes from page 131 of Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scargrave Manor by Stephanie Barron.

I had forgotten just how much I enjoyed this series the first time I read it. Barron does an excellent job of injecting Jane Austen's "voice" into the story. It is also a lot of fun to think of Jane Austen as a detective. I'm so glad that I've managed to collect the first 6 books, because I have the feeling I'm not going to be able to put this series down. I'd better find the last 5 before I get finished with the first 6!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, how come I never heard about these series? I'm sooo putting these on my TBR-pile!! I'm a new follower!!
    Hop over if you have the time!!
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teaser. This book looks good. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays-home-to-woefield.html

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva