Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Wrap-Up

It's the last day of March, which concludes my first full month of book blogging. This past month has been a lot of fun for me and I've been introduced to many new (to me) blogs and bloggers. This month, I read nine books and reviewed seven. I also changed my blog's layout, established a Facebook page for it, started a Twitter account, and joined Networked Blogs. I received my first ARC from Goodreads First Reads and my first two review requests, one of which I accepted. Lastly, I participated in a lot of memes and started going to the local library again.

Academically, I have had some great news. I found out yesterday that I may be able to graduate in December. I had an appointment with my advisor at which we combed through my transfer transcripts and learned that I am very near the finish line. If I can find a way of completing my remaining two required French classes this summer, then I will be able to take the last of the courses I will need for my major this fall. Such news also means we will not have to move in August! This was a great source of relief for me, as I was worried about coming up with the deposit for a new apartment and the rental fee for a van. I still have to worry about taking the GRE or MAT this summer, picking graduate schools to apply to, and (possibly) taking the CLEP for French, but I'll take it!

Thank you to all of my visitors and followers. You all have made this first full month great for me. I'm really enjoying my blog, as well as reading all of yours. I'm looking forward to seeing what April will bring.

(Edited to add the book I finished and reviewed today.)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing your first full month! I'm completing my third month so I'm new too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the blog and on being able to graduate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allow me to offer my congratuations as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new, too. Only since February 10, so we have a lot in common! Our books are amazingly similar. I loved The Betrayl of Maggie Blair, it was one of the best books I read all year!

    Congrats on all your good news! I was in Grad School for Nursing before I got sick (long story)
    I have a little over a year to go if I go back. I wish you the best of luck :o]

    I'm a new follower!

    Kristi-The Book Faery's Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva